Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Final /k/: Free Pivot Phrase Picture Prompts

Description

This is a set of four pages of picture prompts. Each page uses a different pivot phrase that targets the final /k/ sound. The first page uses "I like the...". The second page uses "I pick the..." The third page uses "I take the...". The last page uses "Look at the...". The picture prompts are designed to be simple and varied. The picture words are CV, VC, or CVC in syllable shape and include mostly early emerging consonants. The vowel sounds are varied to improve carryover.(Scroll down to preview pages.)

How to use these prompts:

Use these prompts if your client is ready to practice final /k/ in multi-word utterances. Start with two words (Look top.). Then move to three words (Look at top.). Then do all four (Look at the top.). Skip any of the prompt pictures that your client is unable to produce. For example, if your client is not yet producing /w/, skip the prompt picture "wood".

Deliberately break up the flow of practice after every line. Stop briefly and ask your client to repeat something entirely unrelated to /k/. Then go back to the page. This will briefly disrupt motor memory and improve generalization in the long run.

Permissions

I give permission to copy, print, or distribute these pivot phrase picture prompt pages provided that:
  1. Each copy makes clear that I am the document's author.
  2. No copies are altered without my express consent.
  3. No one makes a profit from these copies.
  4. Electronic copies contain a live link back to my original and print copies not for merely personal use contain the URL of my original.

Looking for Feedback

I would love to hear back from anyone who uses these. Let me know if there is anything you would change. Comment on this page, or send me an email at testyyettrying(at)gmail(dot)com.

Where can I find more?

This is the only set of pivot phrase picture prompt pages I have so far. I do have free articulation therapy card sets on my Free Speech Therapy Articulation Cards page.

Pivot Phrase Picture Prompt Pages

To download click on the image to open it full size. Then right click on the image, choose "save as" and save the page to your computer.




2 comments:

  1. These are great- it would be great if you could post the section on how to use these prompts on the actual pages!

    ReplyDelete

Web Analytics